Our client is a leader in the shipping industry. They value stability, innovation, and integrity and offer fantastic benefits.
What You Will Be Doing
- Streamline parts, materials, and supplies inventory management, purchasing, cost accounting, and reporting.
- Guide maintenance technicians, collaborate with business managers on equipment maintenance and energy budgets.
- Prioritize equipment maintenance and approve budgeted expenditures.
- Establish preventive and predictive maintenance schedules with detailed instructions to minimize downtime and maintain optimal spare part inventory.
- Proactively plan corrective maintenance, enhance equipment knowledge, and optimize equipment design for improved safety, reliability, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical/electronic, mechanical engineering, mechatronic engineering or related field
- 5+ years of technical experience, 2+ years of management experience
- Great communication – Will need to gather and present data to the other divisions to get everyone on the same page
- Experience with Relational Databases / Time Databases
- Understanding of basic electrical engineering principles
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Additional studies in asset management, business or related is considered an advantage.
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals applicable to container handling equipment.
- Practical knowledge of general safety, health, and environmental issues
- Advanced Proficiency and Computer skills for MS Office suite.
- Ability to work outdoors at height, in confined/restricted spaces and out of normal hours.
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically and/or internationally.
- Experience within a demanding 24/7 work environment.
- Cost consciousness when making decisions.
- Experience and training specifically related to container handling equipment.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Advanced Proficiency and Computer skills for SQL, Visual Basic and other database systems or programming language.
- Knowledge and experience with best practice asset management methodologies including Preventative and Predictive Maintenance, 5S, LEAN, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Tribology etc.
- Good mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical equipment and systems .
- Understanding of basic electrical engineering principles including control circuits and programmable controllers.
- Ability to understand and work from mechanical drawings and electrical drawing/schematics.
- Experienced with overhead cranes, hoists, monorails, elevators, or similar equipment
- Exposure to steel structure design and maintenance preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of hoist systems and components including reducers, brakes, couplings, and wire rope
- Working knowledge of good lubrication practices
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems
- Working knowledge of diesel engines and powertrain systems an advantage
- Exposure to a range of PLC and drive equipment (AC / DC) from various manufacturers
- Exposure to MV equipment and switch gear
- Knowledge of best practices relating to asset management methodologies including Preventative and Predictive Maintenance, 5S, LEAN, Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA), Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Tribology etc.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50lbs – frequent lift/carry of up to 25lbs, Walking, Bending at Waist, Balance, Kneeling
Nice to Have
- Previous experience in a union setting.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of container handling is beneficial but not essential.
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals, especially for recent graduates
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary : $90,000 – $115,000 per Year
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage for you and your family
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Matching 401(k) and Retirement Contributions
- Vacation Leave, Sick Leave and Personal Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.