What You Will Be Doing
- Revise and enhance existing systems, architectures, and solutions to meet optimal standards
- Develop, deploy, and uphold cloud solutions adhering to best practices
- Detect, evaluate, and resolve vulnerabilities and intricate deployment challenges
- Conduct regular assessments of current systems, implementations, and policies, suggesting enhancements
- Engage with stakeholders to offer cloud support and tailor recommendations based on client requisites, also guiding team members in these domains
- Monitor and assess system performance, delivering necessary statistics and reports
- Propose and implement modifications to boost efficiency, dependability, and performance, with a focus on automating tasks where feasible
- Employ migration methodologies and techniques to transition workloads into Azure, preferably from private cloud (VMware) or other on-premises virtualization platforms
- Offer technical expertise and innovative strategies to the DevOps tooling team, advancing the use of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in our Azure environment
- Utilize internal work tracking systems such as ticketing and project management
- Fulfill after-hours on-call duties on a rotating basis
- Design resilient, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure and solutions, emphasizing Azure and employing industry best practices using the WAF and CAF based frameworks, incorporating both legacy and modern (cloud-native) approaches
- Lead, organize, and engage in significant enhancements for the Azure environment across the organization
- Conduct hardware and software research to support procurement and system development initiatives
- Create and update training materials and system documentation for utilization by the Global IT Network Operations team, other IT staff, and end users
- Ensure compliance with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines in the environment, including active involvement in internal and external audits
- Serve as the lead technical resource for the Azure platform during audits
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Possesses over 10 years of experience in IT Operations Engineering.
- Holds 5 or more years of involvement in Azure Cloud Engineer roles within medium-sized or larger enterprises, managing geographically-distributed environments with continuous 24×7 uptime requirements.
- Mandatory certification: Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate (AZ-104 exam).
- Preferential certification: Azure Solutions Architect coursework and/or certification (AZ-305 or equivalent).
- Demonstrates extensive infrastructure knowledge encompassing network, storage, compute, security, and proficiency in operating systems like Windows Server and/or Enterprise Linux.
- Solid grasp of the foundational operational and architectural aspects of our Azure setup, with advanced technical proficiency in Linux, Windows, Networking, Security, Automation, and other operational elements, including cloud-native solutions.
- Competence in Microsoft’s Well Architected Framework and Cloud Adoption Framework in Azure environments, encompassing both theoretical understanding and practical application.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience in medium to large-scale environments, utilizing DevOps processes, methodologies, and toolsets such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), CI/CD pipelines, ideally leveraging Gitlab and Terraform.
- Practical involvement in mid-sized or larger environments with Azure Database technologies (both IaaS and PaaS), including effective migration strategies between them.
- Expertise in managing essential components of the Azure platform, such as Virtual Machines (IaaS), storage technologies (Storage Accounts, managed disks, etc.), Virtual Networks (including NSGs), Azure Site Recovery, VM migration tools, ARM Templates, Azure Active Directory, in mid-sized or larger environments.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive Salary : $100,000 – $180,000 per Year/Hour
- Full Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- 401k with 50% matching
- Flexible & generous PTO policy
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.